We now know what many of our friends are bringing to the Dawn of Darkness Beer Festival on Friday, September 27th–tickets here. Reminder: All these breweries are unavailable in Minnesota and western Wisconsin, and you can enjoy all-you-care-to-sample pours from 6-9 pm on Darkness Day Eve. We’ll have stouts, sours, a Shower Beer (no, really, that’s what it’s called) and more. On with the reveal:
- San Diego–bourbon barrel-aged imperial stout fermented on coffee, cocoa nibs, coconut, vanilla, and macadamia nuts. 16.5% ABV.
- Summer Frittata–Sour ale with plum, blueberry, peach, vanilla, and milk sugar. A desert-style sour meant to mimic the perfect summer fruit tart- bright fruity and lightly acidic with a delicious vanilla cream to balance it all out. 6.0 % ABV.
- Shak’d Up with Blackberry and Raspberry–milkshake IPA. 8.5% ABV.
- Barrel-Aged Dark Secret–barrel-aged imperial stout. Rich and complex with a full body and flavors of dark and pale chocolate, combined with slight dark fruit notes, used to complement unique limited variants we release annually. No telling what each year will bring in our Dark Secret series. Seriously, it’s a secret. We won’t tell. 13.0 % ABV.
- I’m Actually Feeling Like All Is Right With The World and None of This Matters–imperial stout with pecans, honey, vanilla bean and cinnamon, a collaboration with Other Half Brewing. 14.5% ABV.
- Quietly Into Empty Spaces–bourbon barrel-aged bier de garde with brettanomyces and honey, a collaboration with TRVE Brewing. 9.6 % ABV.
- Vagabond Breakfast–imperial stout brewed with Aslin Beer Company. This is a decadent breakfast stout inspired by peanut butter pancakes and maple-glazed bacon! Brewed with coffee, maple, and peanut butter. Lactose free. 12.0% ABV.
- Goodnight Waltz–barleywine with coffee. A collaboration with Horus Aged Ales, Goodnight Waltz is our inspired Barleywine in the English-style with coffee. Waltz is proper pousse-café with flavors of caramel, toffee, and crème brulee. 12.7 % ABV.
- Stout Tribe–imperial stout brewed with cocoa and vanilla, collaboration with Mikerphone Brewing. 11.5% ABV.
- Funky Blender Cherry (Bing)–ale aged in oak barrels with Colorado bing cherries. 7.0 % ABV.
- Shower Beer–Czech-style pils, 2015 GABF Gold Medal for bohemian pilsner. 4.5% ABV.
- Melkor’s Discord–sour ale. This sour ale was barrel fermented with an array of traditional and non-traditional yeasts for 6 months. It has a hazy, golden straw color and nose of lemon peel, lemon and barnyard. Tropical citrus flavors abound and give way to little tastes of fleshy fruits as it warms. Hints of oak, barnyard and wheat malts balance out this fallen angel of a brew. 6.3 % ABV.
- Illusions of Grandeur–breakfast stout brewed with vanilla beans and coffee. 10.5% ABV.
- Side Hustle–hazy IPA brewed with Moteuka, Rakau, and Mosaic hops. 6.5 % ABV.
- Phaser–hazy IPA. Juicy and unfiltered, Phaser stuns with a lively array of fruity hop notes. Phaser features Citra, Azacca, Mosaic, Motueka, and Calypso hops. 6.5% ABV.
- Orange Giant–barrel-aged barleywine. Named after the giant orange stars in the sky, this barleywine has a gratifying warming effect and drinks smooth. Three malts create a hearty malt profile with robust character. Copious amounts of Chinook and Nugget hops combine for a nice resin hop flavor. 12.5 % ABV.
- Double Stack–imperial breakfast stout fermented with an irresponsible amount of maple syrup & aged on whole bean Sumatra from Clutch Coffee. 11.0% ABV.
- Blueberry Muffin–sour ale. This tart and whimsical blueberry treat will remind you of your family’s freshly baked blueberry muffins! 5.5 % ABV.
- Vlad Neapolitan–barrel-aged stout with strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla. 14.0% ABV.
- Vlad Maple–barrel-aged stout with maple syrup added. 14.0 % ABV.
Hops and Grain
- Fine Time–pale ale. An easy drinking Pale Ale, providing an aromatic blend of citrus, melon and a touch of pine with a pleasantly crisp bitterness in the finish! 4.0% ABV.
- Life is a Barleywine–double dry-hopped English barleywine.
- Mikerphone Drop–pale ale. 5.5 % ABV.
- Hello Gentlemen and Will–imperial stout packed with almonds, cocoa nibs, Tahitian vanilla, and caramel. 15.0% ABV.
- Double Dry-Hopped Broccoli–imperial IPA with Cascade, Hallertau Blanc, Mosaic, Simcoe, Mosaic lupulin powder, oats and wheat. 7.9 % ABV.
- In the Steep–IPA with 100% Citra hops. 6.7% ABV.
- Double Dry-Hopped Steezy–DDH IPA with Mosaic and Nelson Sauvin 7.2 % ABV.
- Curvature: Neapolitan–imperial stout packed with chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry. 13.0% ABV.
- Curvature: Batch 1–imperial stout with chocolate and hazelnut. 12.9 % ABV.
The Rare Barrel
- Home Sour, Home–golden sour beer aged in oak barrels with peaches, cinnamon, and vanilla bean. 7.7% ABV.
- Map of the Sun–golden sour beer aged in oak barrels with apricots. 7.7 % ABV.
- Batch One Theory-Fluffernutter–blend of two oated imperial stouts aged 9-12 months in bourbon and whiskey barrels w/ peanut butter, marshmallows, and vanilla beans. 12.0% ABV.
- Imperial Double Fruited Vanilla Black Currant Boysenberry Hill–sour ale brewed with vanilla, black currant, boysenberry, and lactose. 7.3 % ABV.
- Pachanga–Mexican-style lager with a crisp malt flavor and thirst-quenching character, perfect for hot days in the summer sun (and Darkness Day weekend). 4.2% ABV.
- Barrel-Aged Shadow Proof–big-bodied imperial stout with notes of dark chocolate and rich roasted malt accentuated by bourbon barrel-aging. 12.5 % ABV.
- Chocolate Grand Cru–fruited mead with white chocolate, vanilla, blueberry, blackberry, strawberry, raspberry, and cocoa nibs aged in FO barrels. 13.0% ABV.
- Banana Havoc–bananas foster mead aged in rum barrels, collaboration with Barrel Theory. 15.0 % ABV.
- Evasion 2019–imperial Belgian-style stout aged in bourbon barrels. 13.0% ABV.
- Certified–Belgian-style sour quadrupel ale aged with cherries. We wild-fermented and aged our award-winning Qualified quadrupel in bourbon and wine barrels with dark Balaton cherries to create this Certified original. 10.0 % ABV.
- Blood Junkie–imperial red ale built on a grain base of two-row barley and a healthy dose of British crystal malts for color and body. Dry-hopped to the hilt with a combination of Mosaic, Simcoe, Ekuanot, and Chinook giving our 2016 World Beer Cup gold medal winner a bright, tropical hop character and a distinctly West Coast spin on the imperial red style. 8.6% ABV.
- Seafarer–German-style Kölsch. A 2017 GABF silver medal winner that channels the traditional, light hybrid ale from Köln, Germany. Made with German Pilsner malt and noble hop varieties, our crisp, blonde, Kölsch-style ale is lively, refreshing, and easy-to-drink. 4.8 % ABV.
- Another One–imperial milk stout with TCHO chocolate nibs, milk sugar, banana puree and strawberry. Collaboration with Mikerphone Brewing. 11.0% ABV.
- Raspberry Rhubarb County Fair Cobbler–milkshake sour IPA with pureed raspberry and rhubarb, graham cracker, cinnamon, vanilla, and milk sugar. Dry-hopped with Vic Secret and Lemon Drop hops. 7.0 % ABV.
- Devil’s Claw–barrel-aged imperial porter. We carefully selected six separate bourbon & rum barrels of Who Hit John. 33% Woodford double oak, 33% run, 33% Buffalo Trace. All aged nearly a year, & blended into something transcendental. Rich chocolate/toffee up front with a deep marshmallow finish. Coconut & molasses like qualities chime in around the finish reminding you that there is definitely some rum presence in this beer. Deliciously complex. 11.0% ABV.
- Dixileta–imperial stout. We took 6 different bourbon barrels with our NOJO stout base and added tons of premium cacao nibs and a special blend of our Jomax coffee from Press Coffee for an incredibly rich mocha experience. 11.0 % ABV.