What makes you Furious?
This isn’t a question about what angers you the most. That could be anything–various global crises, insurance premiums, placekickers, etc. What we’re asking, as evidenced by the capital F, is: What makes you Furious?
This started as an internal conversation at Surly. Our flagship IPA contains multitudes. It’s the beer that blew Minnesota brewing wide open, and the reason you can go to any corner of the state and have an independently-brewed craft beer. It’s the beer that any bartender in the Upper Midwest gives you if you order “a Surly.” It’s the beer you crack after working too hard for too long. This is Furious.
We came to realize the best way to define Furious, if it can be defined at all, is to put the question to Surly Nation at large. We’re asking you to show us what makes you, your city, and your state Furious. Grab a Furious can, take a photo, then upload it one of two ways:
- To your social platform of choice (Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter). Make sure you use the #ThisIsFurious hashtag so we see it. Tagging @SurlyBrewing won’t hurt, either.
- To the regular old internet at this page right here.
Some examples of what we’re looking for are in the montage above. Suggestions:
- Shivering at the Smoosh Races in International Falls? #ThisIsFurious
- Tailgating in the Lambeau Field parking lot with your mortal enemies? #ThisIsFurious
- Bending an elbow at your favorite dive, the one with the drop ceiling, the old-timers, and zero sunlight? #ThisIsFurious
- Hanging out by the World’s Largest Fiberglass Cow? #ThisIsFurious
To encourage you to upload these shots, and to make it worth the stares from passersby wondering why in the green hell you’re taking a picture of a Furious can by the Loveland Pass, 500 entries will be selected to receive this super limited-run Furious T-shirt:
The contest is open through June 30, 2019. Click here for official contest rules. Don’t do anything illegal.
The Furious footprint lands on a part of the country that has a hard-earned sense of regional pride. Getting tagged as flyover country will do that to you. Show us, and the rest of Surly Nation, why #ThisIsFurious.