We have barrels, we have bottles, and we have the law on our side. Let’s do something about it.
Introducing the Surly Bottle Project, a quarterly subscription service for Surly diehards, local beer geeks, and connoisseurs of ale excellence. Minnesota’s growler law gives us the leeway to do unique things like this, and Ben Smith and his team have been aging beers in barrels from friends near and far just for this occasion.
Our inaugural release, The Long Winter, is a massive barleywine aged in whiskey barrels from our neighbors at O’Shaughnessy Distilling.
Bottle Project need-to-knows:
- Four beers:
- The Long Winter, Feb. 2023
- The Thaw, May 2023
- King Harvest, Sept 2023
- Holiday Party, Nov. 2023
- 750 mL bottle
- Subscription cost: $100 ($25/bottle)
- Includes two Surly Bottle Project goblet glasses.
- Limited run. We’re capping each release at 500 bottles.
- If this sounds like a great gift for the upcoming holiday season that can be enjoyed throughout 2023, you’re correct.
- Must be able to pick it up from the brewery. We can (finally) sell the bottles, we just can’t mail them.
Place your order today. This is not affiliated with Ticketmaster in any way, so it should be a relatively stress-free transaction with zero dynamic pricing whatsoever.