Many of us are spending more time at home lately. And by “more time” we mean “all of it.” Watching daytime TV the other day (might have been Ellen or Dr. Phil or one of those shows where people sit at a table and talk over each other for like an hour), we saw an expert who stressed the importance of setting a schedule much like you would at an office job.
The thing is, we’re a brewery; our day-to-day operations are centered around beer. Our best day-planning advice is going to be beer intensive.
With that in mind, if you’re in a situation where you can take a beer break at certain points of the day, we’ve prepared the following guide to staying home with Surly.
- 9 AM: Morning Coffee Break. This calls for a Coffee Bender. Support both a local brewery (us) and a local coffee roaster (Coffee & Tea Ltd. in South Minneapolis). Is it a proper replacement for the absent co-worker who wants to regale you with his latest adventures in cryptocurrency? No, but it tastes better.
- Noon: Lunchtime is the ideal time for a refreshing Grapefruit (Supreme) Break. Reminder: it’s still not ok to microwave fish just because you live there. You’re going to be sheltering here for a little while longer and you’re nuking tuna? Come on, man. No one has that much Febreze.
- 4 PM: It’s Tuesday. So what? Happy Hours can be any day/hour you want for the duration of this thing. Limiting it to Fridays is cruel. Crank up the Zoom or the FaceTime or the landline you forgot you still had, check in on your people, and crack a Rocket Surgery. Don’t Overthink It.
- 6 PM: You have a 20 lb. bag of rice, a cupboard full of beans, and zero good ideas. You’re clearly new to pantry-stocking, but you are going to by god channel your inner Fieri and make a delicious entrée for you and yours. Reward yourself with a Furious.
- 8 PM: Have you watched Tiger King on Netflix yet? If you haven’t, stop reading this RIGHT NOW and put it on. If you have, you probably said “What. The. Hell.” a minimum of 24 times. Enjoy a cold Hell and share the wonder of Joe Exotic.
- 11 pm: You made it through another day. Celebrate accordingly. You two have been saving that Darkness for a special occasion. Successfully navigating every waking hour during this thing is the definition of “special occasion.” Sip and enjoy.
We hope this helps! Thank you for supporting local breweries like ours and the stores that carry us during all of this. It’s the lifeblood of Surly and we can’t thank you enough.