Black cats skitter. Ladders loom. Mirrors break. Danzig writes a song that Johnny Cash covers. The calendar reads Friday, December 13. Disregard these ominous portents and remember: You make your own luck*. Let Surly make your beer.
(*This does not apply to any counselors at Camp Crystal Lake reading this. You should heed these ominous portents and leave before it’s too late, but let’s be honest, it’s already too late.)
This Friday the 13th, we’re proud to introduce 13, our maple barrel-aged imperial stout brewed with vanilla beans and lactose. Expect notes of dark chocolate, roasted malt, and aromatic vanilla atop the rich maple flavors coursing beneath this luscious, decadent ale. We previewed this beer to much acclaim at the Festival of Barrel-Aged Beers in Chicago earlier this year, and it’s now yours to savor.
This limited-run beer can be found in one of two ways:
- On draft in select locations. Check our Facebook events page for a release party near you.
- In package as an individual 16 oz. can in an impossibly cool foil-embossed box designed by our remarkable creative team and executed with a vengeance by St. Paul’s Studio On Fire. Looking for a gift for the craft-beer lover in your life? Even if that person is you? Here you go.
Those boxes hit shelves on Friday the 13th and not a day before. Quantities are SUPER limited, and our distribution map is smaller than usual. 13 can be found in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Nebraska on Friday the 13th. Colorado will also get a shipment later in the month. You can keep the spirit of Friday the 13th in your heart all year long, Denver. We believe in you.
- Hops: Warrior
- Malt: 2-Row Pale, Chocolate Malt, DRC Malt, Crystal, Coffee Malt, Oats, Black Malt, Honey Malt, Carafa III, Flaked Rye, Flaked Oats
- Color: A moonless night. Fear not.
- Yeast: English Ale
- Special Guests: Vanilla Beans, Lactose, Maple Syrup Barrels
- ABV: 12.5%
Luck is the residue of design. And we designed one hell of a beer for you. Enjoy.