Excellence should be celebrated. Sustained excellence should be revered. The U.S Women’s Soccer team should be kings for life of all they survey.
As they look to continue their domination of the Women’s World Cup this summer, Surly will be hauling our Big Ass TV (that’s its name, please be respectful) into the Beer Garden every U.S. match day for a viewing party.
Here’s the preliminary schedule with bonus Round of 16 commentary from former U.S. Women’s Soccer team member/current Surly Senior Marketing Director Holly Manthei:
Round 1 / Group F
- Tuesday, June 11 – USA vs. Thailand @ 2PM on FOX
- Sunday, June 16 – USA vs. Chile @ 11AM on FOX
- Thursday, June 20 – USA vs. Sweden @ 2PM on FOX
Round of 16
- Sunday, June 23 – 1A vs. 3BEF @ 10:30AM on FS1 (if we REALLY lose our bracket)
- Monday, June 24 – 2B vs. 1F @ 11AM on FOX (if we win our bracket)
- Monday, June 24 – 2F vs. 2E @ 2PM on FS1 (if we lose to Sweden in our bracket)
- Tuesday, June 25 – 1C vs. 3ABF @ 2PM on FS1 (if we REALLY lose our bracket)
- Thursday, June 27 @2PM on FOX
- Friday, June 28 @ 2PM on FOX
- Saturday, June 29 @ 9AM on FS1
- Saturday, June 29 @ 11:30AM on FS1
- Tuesday, July 2 @ 2PM on FOX
- Wednesday, July 3 @ 2PM on FS1
Saturday, July 6 @ 10AM on FOX (IE the Who Cares game)
Sunday, July 7 @ 10AM on FOX
The current plan is to broadcast just the U.S. matches, so don’t expect to watch the third place game here. We’ll open the brewery early for any matches held during non-business hours. In case of weather issues, watch our social channels for relocation/cancellation updates.
Image courtesy Flickr/Jamie Smed.