The arrival of April means spring thaws, baseball, and 30 Days of Biking. Surly is proud to once again sponsor The Joyful Riders in their campaign to get you, them, and everybody on a bike every day of the month. Take the pledge here.
If you want to make Surly a part of your 30 Days of Biking, please check the following dates:
- Sunday, 03/31, noon–The 2019 Kickoff Party at Red Stag. Surly and Sociable Cider Works are sponsoring the kickoff party at this NE Minneapolis institution, with DJ music, raffles, and an ample supply of Surly. Surly Gives a Damn will be onsite, with volunteers packing seed packets for Mississippi Park Connection and their Plant for the Future Initiative. Our goal will be to have 30 Days of Biking folks pack 900 seed packets while they’re at the party–that’s 30 packets of seeds for each day of biking! You can find a list of pre-rides here.
- Thursday, 04/04, 6 pm–30 Days of Biking Thursday Ride Series. Every Thursday in April, The Joyful Riders celebrate 30 Days of Biking with a friendly-paced, social ride that starts by the Fire Pit at our Prospect Park brewery. Each rider gets a beer or N/A beverage on us, and they’ll ride to bike-friendly destinations across the Twin Cities. The first week’s ride goes to the Bulldog Downtown.
- Thursday, 04/11–30 Days of Biking Thursday Ride Series. This week’s friendly-paced, social ride goes to Alary’s Bar. One free beer or N/A beverage on us.
- Thursday, 04/18–30 Days of Biking Thursday Ride Series. This week’s friendly-paced, social ride goes to Hennepin History Museum. One free beer or N/A beverage on us to celebrate the halfway mark of 30 Days of Biking.
- Thursday, 04/25–30 Days of Biking Thursday Ride Series. This week’s friendly-paced, social ride goes to Darby’s Pub & Grill. If you hit all four rides, you will get a free pair of 30 Days of Biking/Surly Brewing socks.
If you’re not local, you can find a wealth of other events in greater Minnesota and elsewhere right here.
Now get on your bikes and ride.