We stand with our community in the fight for justice for George Floyd. We see the community’s pain from a critical lack of resources. We join the community in demanding justice, equality, change, and police reform.
We’ve struggled with how to use our voice to support our community. We struggle with how to look past our privilege. Our silence is part of the problem.
Stop killing black people. Black Lives Matter.
We are listening and learning so we can become a better company. We need to turn words into actions that provide immediate resources in our community today, and will carry that conversation toward inclusion, diversity, and equality for tomorrow.
Silence isn’t an option for us going forward. It can’t be. Things need to change. We will be a part of it.
We’re reopening our Beer Hall for outdoor service on Tuesday, June 9th. For the first week, 100% of all Beer Hall proceeds will benefit a different organization that addresses the issues above, from inequality to hunger to education. They are:
- Black Lives Matter (Tuesday, 6/9)
- Campaign Zero (Wednesday, 6/10)
- Minnesota Voice (Wednesday, 6/10)
- Juxtaposition Arts (Thursday, 6/11)
- Second Harvest Heartland (Thursday, 6/11)
- Brewing Change Collaborative (Friday, 6/12)
- Take Action MN (Friday, 6/12)
- We Love Lake Street (Saturday, 6/13)
- West Broadway and Business Area Coalition (Saturday, 6/13)
- Neighbors United Funding Collaborative (Saturday, 6/13)
Reservations, hours, and our revamped COVID-era service model can be found here.
For the last decade, Surly Gives A Damn has provided support for our community from food shelves to park cleanups to blood drives. SGAD will continue to help wherever there’s a need. Here’s a few upcoming events where you can help in the coming days and weeks:
- Pack & Sort With The Food Group (Thursday, 6/4)
- Loaves & Fishes Meal Serving (Monday, 6/8)
- Prep & Lunch Service at the House of Charity (Wednesday, 6/10)
- Pack & Sort With The Food Group Round 2 (Thursday, 6/18)
- Pack & Sort With Second Harvest (Thursday, 6/25)
- SGAD & Memorial Blood Center Blood Drive (Friday, 7/3)
Thank you for reading.