+1 GOLDEN TICKET SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. THE FOLLOWING SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID OUTSIDE THE STATES OF MINNESOTA, WISCONSIN, IOWA, SOUTH DAKOTA, NORTH DAKOTA, COLORADO, NEBRASKA OR ILLINOIS. DO NOT ENTER THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT BOTH 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT TIME OF ENTRY AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF AND CURRENTLY RESIDING IN MINNESOTA, WISCONSIN, IOWA, SOUTH DAKOTA, NORTH DAKOTA, COLORADO, NEBRASKA OR ILLINOIS. FUTHER ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS ARE BELOW. THIS SWEEPSTAKES WIL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL AND STATE LAW. MESSAGE & DATA RATES MAY APPLY.
(1) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The Surly Brewing +1 Golden Ticket Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) sponsored by Surly (“Sponsor”) and promoted by First Avenue (“Promoter”) begins May 1, 2018 at 12:01:00 AM Central Time (“CT”) and ends June 30, 2018 at 11:59:59 PM CT (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sponsor’s computer, or that of its designee, runs the official clock for the Sweepstakes and will solely determine the time by which an entry is received
(2) ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, South Dakota, North Dakota, Colorado, Nebraska & Illinois who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry (“Entrant”). Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of Promoter, Sponsor, any advertising or promotional agencies involved in the promotion, state alcohol beverage commissions, alcoholic beverage manufacturers, distributors, wholesalers and licenses retailers, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, sibling, and children, regardless of where they reside) or members of the same household (whether they are related or not) of any of the foregoing are NOT eligible to participate. The Sweepstakes is void outside the 50 United States/D.C and where prohibited by law.
(3) HOW TO ENTER:There are two (2) ways to enter:
Method #1: Online Entry: Beginning at 12:01:00 AM CT on May 1, 2018 visit www.surlybrewing.com/goldenticket, complete all required information, including name, address, email, phone number and date of birth on the Sweepstakes entry page, and follow the on-screen instructions to submit your entry. Entries are deemed made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet Access Provider, Online Service Provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. All online entries must be received by 11:59:59 PM CT on June 30, 2018.
Method #2: Text Entry: To enter the Sweepstakes via text message, text the keyword “GOLDENTICKET” to short code 55678 (“Short Code”) during the Sweepstakes Period. Entrant will receive a text with a link to the website to enter.
Wireless Phone Users – Additional Terms: You may receive one (1) or more text messages in response to your text entry, including a message confirming your entry, and legal disclaimers from Sponsor. You may opt-out of receiving the promotional text messages from Sponsor at any time by sending a reply text message with the word “STOP”. The text messaging method of entry is designed to work with most of the U.S. major wireless carriers in the United States, but Sponsor makes no guarantee that any particular wireless service provider will participate, and the mobile phone that is used must be capable of sending and receiving text messages. Check with your carrier for details. Entrants should check their phone’s features to see if it has that capability. Wireless service providers may charge Entrants for each text message, including any error messages that are sent and received in connection with the Sweepstakes, based on the Entrant’s applicable wireless service pricing plan.
Message and data rates apply. Entrants should consult their wireless service provider’s pricing plan for details. By texting an entry, Entrants grant permission to Sponsor to notify them via a return text message and agree to accept all applicable charges associated therewith. Entrant is responsible for all applicable fees and taxes associated with placing a text entry. Sponsor in its sole discretion may add or delete a cellular carrier at any time, without notice. Proof of text messaging the Short Code is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by Sponsor of such Sweepstakes entry.
Limit: There is a limit of one (1) entry submission per person/email address throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Entries received in excess of the entry limit stated herein will be disqualified for purposes of the Sweepstakes but may be used by the Sponsor.
(4) Entry Errors/Tampering: Sponsor reserves the right to void all entries made through any third-party website or service, or through any robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar entry duplication method, and Sponsor may disqualify any individual using such a website/ service or entry method, as applicable. Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) electronic, wireless or digital transmissions or any entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, misdirected, or not received by Sponsor or its agents for any reason; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries; (iii) destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (iv) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software, SMS text or telephone transmissions; (v) damage to Entrant’s or any person’s computer or wireless device or its contents; (vi) causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes; (vii) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Official Rules; (viii) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (ix) any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of prizes or prize winner; (x) malfunctions or interference resulting from illicit, malicious or injurious code (including but not limited to viruses, worms and denial of service attacks); or (xi) cheating or fraud by any participant. All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified. All entries become Sponsor’s property and will not be returned. If for any reason Sweepstakes cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to any printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, transmission failure, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, or if the Sweepstakes is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated before the original end date, to select the winner from among all eligible non-suspect entries received as of the date/time of termination. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify and prosecute any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process or who enters using any automatic or programmed entry duplication method.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR OTHERWISE CORRUPT THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY, PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
(5) Further Entry Conditions: Limit one (1) entry per person regardless of method of entry. If more than one (1) entry is received per person by any means including, but not limited to, establishing multiple e-mail accounts or cell phone numbers, all such entries, and the person that submitted them, will be disqualified. Proof of submission of an entry does not constitute proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor. By entering, Entrants acknowledge their compliance with and agreement to be bound by these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
(6) Drawing/Odds of Winning: Drawing will be conducted on or about July 1, 2018 by Sponsor or Sponsor’s agent. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Potential winner will be notified by phone, mail or e-mail on or about July 1, 2018. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements of these Official Rules.
One-Hundred (100) Prize Winners will be selected among eligible Entrants, as described in Rule 2 above and in accordance with these Official Rules. The Grand Prize will consist of: two (2) tickets to a First Avenue concert or Surly Festival Field show (“Concert”) on or before January 31, 2018.
PRIZES MUST BE REDEEMED ON OR BEFORE JANUARY 31, 2018. IF WINNERS ARE UNABLE TO REDEEM THE PRIZE BEFORE THE DATE AND TIME SPECIFIED, WINNERS SHALL FORFEIT THE PRIZE IN ITS ENTIRETY.
Approximate retail value (“ARV”) for each Prize: Fifty dollars ($50.00). Total ARV of all prizes: Five thousand dollars ( $5,000.00).
Any difference between the stated ARV and actual value of prize will not be awarded in any form. Prizes are non-transferable, and no prize substitutions or cash redemptions are allowed except by Sponsor in its sole discretion, or as otherwise provided herein. Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize becomes unavailable or if Sponsor determines in its sole discretion that a prize cannot be awarded as described. Sponsor is not responsible for weather conditions, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation or postponement of prize redemption. All income taxes on prizes are the winner’s sole responsibility. All prizes will be awarded provided they are claimed properly in accordance with these Official Rules.
Additional Terms and Conditions for the Prize:
(8) Limitations on Liability: By entering, each Entrant agrees to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, and agrees to indemnify, release, defend and hold harmless Sponsor, Promoter, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies, (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all liability for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including without limitation emotional distress) and/or death, publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy or merchandise delivery arising from or in connection with participation in the Sweepstakes or the acceptance, possession and/or use/misuse of a prize (if awarded to him/her) or his/her participation in prize-related activities (if applicable), including but not limited to travel related thereto. Furthermore, each winner, by accepting a prize, acknowledges that Sponsor and Promoter has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to such prize, including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
(9) Consent to Publicity: Acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify each winner’s agreement and consent that Sponsor, Promoter, and their designees may use the winner’s name, likeness, photo, and/or prize information in connection with the Sweepstakes for promotional, advertising or other purposes, worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without limitation and without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law. Sponsor, Promoter, and their designees, shall have the right to edit, exploit, adapt, distribute, post, and create derivative works of, in whole or in part, and in combination with other materials, in any manner, for any advertising, promotional, trade, commercial or other purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity, and without further payment or consideration, notification or permission.
(10) Disputes/Venue/Governing Law: By participating, Entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal, state or local court located in the State of Minnesota; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including but not limited to costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) to the extent allowed by applicable law, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, Entrants’ rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of Sponsor or Promoter in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Minnesota, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Minnesota or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Minnesota.
(12) Release: By participating in the Sweepstake sand/or accepting a prize, the Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Released Parties from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of a prize.
(13) General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Sweepstakes, if any fraud, technical failures, human error or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If terminated, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, determine the winners from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to time of such action using the judging procedure outlined above. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other sweepstakes or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek any and all remedies available from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
(14) Winners List: For a list of the winners, send a self-addressed stamped business-size envelope to: Surly Brewing “Golden Ticket” Sweepstakes, 521 Malcom Ave SE, Minneapolis, MN 5541. Requests must be received no later than July 1, 2018. The list will be sent when Grand Prize winners have been verified.